The Thursford Biography Library
Your chance to borrow books you've always wanted to read, about the people who you'd love to know more about.
We are really fortunate to have a collection of biographies in Thursford that is available for loan to anyone who lives in the village. The collection, owned by Stephen Noakes, has taken years to bring together and now consists of over 1,000, many of them almost impossible to find elsewhere. The main categories of the collection are listed below.
How to borrow a book
1. Click on the category you are interested in, at the bottom of this page.
2. Find the book you would like to borrow and note down the catalogue number.
3. Click on the order a book button .
This will create an email to Steve so you can request the loan. Please provide your name, address and contact number in the email along with the catalogue number(s) of the book(s) you wish to borrow.
4. Steve will respond confirming the book's availability and options for picking it/them up.
5. Loans are charged at £0.50 per book per week, with a maximum loan period of 4 weeks. All charges will be given to charity.